Monday, April 2, 2007

Spring is in overdrive

Well the Yoshino Cherries in D.C. are at their peak. Pollen counts have been out the roof.
In Atlanta last week I think the count was 5,928 , where 120 is suppose to be a bad day.
I am really impressed with Woodlanders Nursery in Aiken, S.C. They have so many hard to
find plants at very good prices. Among 15 plants I ordered some Black Bamboo for just $18.00.
I had seen it advertised in other catalogues for over $100. You can order plants from them
online at www.woodlanders.net. Can't wait to see what Alexandrian Laurel and my Yellow
Berries Nandinas will look like in a few years, along with the paper bush, Edgeworthia.
Now with such small , you must be extremely selective in choosing plants. It's sad there is such little room for experimentation.

No comments: