Monday, April 23, 2007

The Home Garden

Guess we are through with winter like weather, or at least it is about time. past time.
This week I went to Petals From the Past in Jemison, Alabama. It's the best garden center in
Alabama by far. They also had antique vendors on location for the day only. People were
there from everywhere. There were lines to wait on a wagon to haul your plants. There were
lines to check out.
It was worth the hassle of crowds, though. I have been looking for a Laceleaf Japanes Maple (Acer palmatus 'Dissectum
Veridis') for four years. Now at last, I have one. Yesterday I planted it in my shade garden opposite to Pieris 'Temple Bells" and Yellow Berries Nandina.
I've still got to plant my vegetables in
, and to add an Italian
Cypress as part of the

1 comment:

Bryan A. said...

Beautiful time in South Florida - bougainvillea's just finished their fire works, jasmine just peaked aromatically and gardenias are just getting started.