Friday, June 1, 2007

Get thee to St. Louis and visit the Gardens- Missouri Botanical Gardens, that is!

I just went on the Missouri Botanical Gardens' website. It's phenomenal! Only
wish I could get to St. Louis soon. The web-site's virtual tour takes you through the
different gardens. I spent a couple hours on it. You can also take a virtual tour
of Horticulture, which I am saving for another day.
Of course I had heard of the climatron. After all, who in the Western Hemisphere
hasn't. It's amazing, but then so is the Japanese Garden, the Chinese Scholars'
Garden, and all the other gardens.
The Gardens began as Henry Shaw's country place in the 1850's. Shaw erected a house
and maze garden, and other gardens to remind him of his native country, England.
He kept adding buildings, hired a botanist from Germany. Today it is a national
historic site and a leader in botanical research
So if you got a free afternoon to surf the web, visit www.mobot.org.
I promise you will be the more enlightened for it.
Also as a bonus for homeowners, they have 8 acres devoted to 23 suburban sized
featured gardens, with
.

No comments: