Friday, February 15, 2008

Drats -the Farmers co-op had no buttercrunch lettuce.

The farmers co-op had no butter crunch lettuce. I had to settle for an iceberg lettuce. I guess I
will have to continue my search. Also I couldn't resist buying some strawberry plants to plant
in the vegetable garden, really a mixed garden. You can plant the repeat blooming strawberries
in zone 8 in February.

Have you heard all the buzz about green tea and it's health benefits. Green tea is harvested from , which means Chinese Camellia. Also black tea and oolong tea is also made from the same plant. You can grow this camellia in the milder parts of the U.S. - to
zone 8. If you live in a colder climate you can grow on a balcony or patio and bring inside when it freezes, or grow in your green house. You should wait until plant is 3 years old before harvesting the leaves for tea.

No comments: